EnzLab and EnzLab manual 5.1 January 2013
- Sample list load and save option with context menu of sample information window
- Sample name column widened, if no more than 3 sample information columns
- Evolution 200 communication improved
- Minor bugs of version 5.0 removed
EnzLab and EnzLab manual 5.0 December 2012
With this version EnzLab is adapted to the design of the other ascanis software packages. A number of
modifications are introduced accordingly. The method parameters, the measurement procedure and the result presentation however remain unchanged.
- The user interface layout is modernied and slightly reorganised
EnzLab method parameters are embedded to a larger method file format. The file extension remains .mth. Existing methods of the old format can be loaded. With storage, the new file format is applied.
- The directory structure
is modified. All files that should be accessible to the user as well as the results and the methods directory are installed in the data directory
C:\Users\Public\(Public) documents (Windows Vista/7), resp.
C:\Documents and settings\All Users\(Common) documents (Windows XP)
This path is shown in the software with
The button besides the “Data” field opens the Windows Explorer with the data directory.
Some software functions for general adminsitration and isntrument specific functions have been added:
- The function New Method opens an “empty” method.
- The function Show method opens the print preview window with all method parameters.
- The function Open report is replaced with the Load results function. This opens a sprint preview window, where the results can also be stored as a PDF file or can be sopied to to clipboard.
- The function Export results generates a csv file with the result to transfer the results to a spreadsheet program.
- The function Print preview shows he report in the print preview window (see above).
- The function Options/Prefernces/Printing allows defining the print formats landscape or portrait. With the landscape format, also reports with extensive sample information are printed without word wrap.
- At Edit/Method/General an
integration time and a slit width can be selected, if applicable with the instruemnt. Default settins are 1 s, reps. 2 nm.
- At Edit/Report Header the measurement wavelength($WL) is accessible as an additional parameter
Extended configuration files
The configuration file enzlab.ini includes additional settings. The enzuser.cfg configuration file holds user-specific settings.
Report generation via report templates
As with other ascanis softwares, the appearance of the printed or stored report can be configured via report templates. These templates can be generated with the additional Reporter-SPX
sofware or can be developped by ascanis.
Format of result files
With previous versions EnzLab stored results in a file with the extension .rel. This is a pure text file. The current version stores the results as an
xml file. A simple text storage is available via the Export results function.
Additional functions in the Data Handling menu
If templates with a specific name configuration are present in the data directory of
the software, an additional menu Data Handling is opened that contains functions executed by the templates. Currently the functions Comment Results (entry of additional information to the result space) and Copy
Results to Clipboard (transfer of results to clipboard in a tabular form) are available as examples. On request ascanis is able to develop further templates with user defined functions, e.g. for further results treatments.
Besides the task options of previous versions, also the subtask mechanism of the other ascanis softwares can be employed.
- If the measurement is continued after an unsuccessful E1 stabilty test, this is marked in the report for the unstable sample.
- When a creeping measurement is cancelled after the creeping check has come to an end for at
least one sample, the successful samples are reproduced in the report. The other samples, which did not yet terminate the creeping check, are marked with E2, bzw. E3=-999.000 and they have a result of 0.00.
certain screen resolutions, a sample row was hidden during measurements. This has been improved.
- For Evolution 2xx series spectrometers, the live display shows values that are approximately autozero corrected.
- Adaptations for PC control (no monitor) Evolution 2xx series instruments.
- Enzlab can be integrated to the VISIONlite or Lambda-SPX start menu.
EnzLab and EnzLab manual 4.3 August 2012
- Communication to Thermo Scientific Evolution 200 Series spectrophotometers
- Decontrol of the width limitation for report printout
- Option “Blank in reference beam” also available for manual data input
- Addition of Enzytec fluid Oxalic acid method and of Enzytec Color methods
- Removal of minor inconsistencies
EnzLab and EnzLab manual 4.22 December 2009
Control of USB connected Thermo Scientific spectrophotometer models:
GENESYS 10 S UV/Vis, GENESYS 10 S Vis, GENESYS 10S Bio
EnzLab and EnzLab manual 4.2 April 2009
- The entry box “Weight” (only for solid samples) accepts 4 digits after the decimal.
- The software can be called with a method, e.g. â€žc:\program\EnzLab\enzlab.exe method.mth“.
- Measurement times E1, E2 and E3 can be set to zero; thus the time control is deactivated and the user can control the
timing, e.g. with an external incubation.
- An error with the assignment of components has been corrected for the method â€žSCILEnzfluid GlucFruct RB“
- Methods for new test-kits have been added; obsolete
methods have been removed; latest operation procedures supplemented.
EnzLab, EnzLab manual and EnzLab SE 4.1 September 2005
- Additional method parameter “dilution factor” to allow a volume change with the addition of reagents
- New methods for the SCIL Enzytec fluid line Kits (except for Glucose/Fructose/ SBL)
- Compatible PerkinElmer spectrometers are controlled directly (UVWinLab no longer required).
- Parallel operation of several EnzLab
calls is possible. This allows running several different runs on a single instrument.
EnzLab SE 4.0 SE May 2005
New additional software version with extended security functions according to 21 CFR Part 11, otherwise as standard version (see below):
- User levels operator and supervisor
(supervisor has access to method generation and system configuration)
- Usage of MS Windows user administration with automated entry of user name to EnzLab SE
- Encoded method files with audit trail information (history
of generation and modifications), generation and modification of methods requires safe electronic signature
- Reports are stored automatically as encoded files
- Report files require safe electronic signature with confirmation and optional remarks
- Automated log-file (electronic logbook) is run by the software
- Sample information entry obligatory.
EnzLab and EnzLab manual 4.0 May 2005
- Internal modifications for EnzLab SE (see above)
- New function “Show method” : Tabular display of method parameters with Print function.
- New methods: SCIL Enzytec generic line methods in HS-version (High Sensitivity)
EnzLab 3.1 August 2004
- Control of Thermo Scientific Evolution 300.
- Correct usage of blank creeping data for method type 7 (acetic acid) and presentation of Delta E according to operators procedure.
EnzLab 3.0 May 2004
- Results can be reevaluated with modified methods and/or sample data.
-As an alternative to the standard evaluation via factor it is also possible to evaluate sample concentrations
against a standard. The concentration of the standard is stored with the method. The cell loading list shows an additional position for the cell containing the standard.
- Optionally an acceptance window can be shown for
each measurement, so that the measurement is only executed after the operator’s confirmation.
- Optionally programs or functions can be started at defined time points during the reaction time. This can be an acoustical
reminder for the next reagent addition for example.
- With PerkinElmer instruments and UVWinLab (2.0 - 3.0) it is possible to start several EnzLab copies to perform several parallel runs.
- SCIL Enzytec Glutamic Acid method and Randox TAS method (Total Antioxidants Status) added.
EnzLab 2.42 January 2004
- Methods using 2 separate cells for 2 or 3 components, like Lactose/Galactose can use 2 different dilution factors for the cells.
- Rearrangement of raw data table, all Delta E are given
- The measurement window allows to open the Loading List window, which lists all cells with their designations, dilution and weights. The list can be printed for
preparing the cells at the lab bench.
- Sample information can be transferred to the sample information window via clipboard.
EnzLab 2.4 May 2003
– Thermo GENESYS 6/10/10S can be used
– Working range limits minimum absorbance difference and maximum concentration) can be defined for a method. If the data exceed a
warning is issued in the report.
– Detecting of creeping reaction termination optimized; threshold can be adapted and detection can be switched off.
– SCIL Enzytec test and Erbsloeh ferm-N test as standard methods.
EnzLab 2.3 April 2002
– Multiple cell holder fillings can be run in parallel.
EnzLab 2.2 November 2001
– Control of Thermo UV instruments.
– All software texts in an external file to facilitate modifications.
EnzLab 2.1 September 2001
– All Boehringer Test Combinations are available as methods – new methods are marked ‘not validated’. Results should be checked.
– The cell
changer moves in an empty location (if available) during the reaction time. This is to protect light-sensitive test mixtures.
– E1 stability testing with tolerance value as additional method parameters.
– Negative analysis factor for tests with decreasing absorbance values.
EnzLab 2.0 June 2001
– English and German User Guides available. English and German installation possible.
– Method Editor to modify or create methods.
– Manual data entry (tabular or time-controlled) available.
– Manual sample change (without cell changer) possible.
– Single-beam or double-beam operation according to the associated spectrometer. With
double-beam instruments the reagent blank can be placed in the reference beam.
– Each method includes English operation hints according to Boehringer operating procedures.
– English operating procedures and safety data sheets for all Boehringer test combinations included.
– 32-Bit code with long filenames.
– Method selection window displays method type, sample volume, and
settings for double determinations and creeping correction.
– Sample parameter input ‘weight’ only for concentration units of solid samples.
– For solid sample concentration units the method allows the solution volume to be defined.
– Further solid sample concentration units in addition to %, ppm, g/kg.
– ‘Fill down’ key for sample data table.
– Entry field for documenting the test kit no.
– Cell list indicates analyte names.
– Editing function for report templates.
– Command ‘Open Report’ added.
– Log file to document completed tests.
– Average of double determinations also for 2- and 3-component tests.
– ‘>>’ option in operation hints to control incubation times.
– Warning if a report has not yet been printed or saved.
– Sub task option to allow the attachment of data import and result export functions.
EnzLab 1.0 December 2000