OptLab-SPX and OptLab-SPX offline Versions
OptLab-SPX and OptLab-SPX offline 5.23 May 2015
- Control of USB connected Lambda 950 series instruments
- An additional tools directory is installed as a subdirectory of the Data
directory. This directory contains a number of further calculation routines and example data that had to be copied from the CD's tools directory in former versions.
- Maximum number of calculations extended to 750 (before 500).
OptLab-SPX and OptLab-SPX offline 5.1 March 2015
- Color calculations according to ISO 11664 have been added. The calculations are done with a wavelength range of 360-830 nm and with a
data interval of 1 nm. The calculations are designated "full range".
- CIEDE2000 color difference calculations have been added according to ISO 11664-6.
- Definitions for all color calculations have been changed
internally: The underlying *.dat file is split into an observer and an illuminant file. Thus, it is more easy to implement other illuminants.
- The Calculations window easily allows modifying existing color difference
calculations or add further color difference calculations. Accordingly, the templates "Set Color Reference .." are removed.
- If set by a specific start switch, the Calculations window also allows editing easily
all other calculation types, deleting calculations or activating hidden calculations.
- A parameter definition of the optlab-spx.dta parameter definition file additionally accepts the definition of a minimal data interval of
the sample spectrum. If the data interval of the sample spectrum is larger than defined, the calculation is not executed. The minimum data interval definition is added to new parameter definitions, where the underlying norm
requires the setting.
- Import of csv data files is possibly also with non-ANSI formats (Unicode/UTF).
- The Result area is expanded to the left window edge, if settings are such that no parameters of the parameter area
- Numerical spectrum data may be introduced to calculations via the new variable "Spectrum(spectrumsetting)", e.g. Spectrum(DataInterval).
- The conditional output text in logical decisions may
include text contents of the spectrum, e.g. "Spectrum(name)".
- Relevant data handling functions are automatically installed.
- A function for ordinate recalculation %R-> f(R) is added.
- With EN 410
calculations, results for ae / Te / Re are output as %-values, if a %-character is present in the format definition.
- Minor problems with Read Cursor mode cleared.
OptLab-SPX and OptLab-SPX offline 5.0 April 2014
- The parameter definition file has been reorganized. Also, a number for each parameter has been introduced, which allows to setup a
parameter tree structure. Thus it is possible to insert new parameters to the parameter definition file without disturbing existing methods.
- A parallel offline version is made available that does not include instrument
control. Instead a continuously updated list of measured spectra is shown.
- In offline operation (Port=None), the instruments parameters are removed. A new Spectrum selection list for offline operation allows loading easily
spectra for evaluation.
- Additional switches for software startup are introduced for an external call of the software.
- The Change Application function is inserted, if the software installed with Lambda-SPX or VISIONlite.
- EN 410 calculations extended and more flexible. Intermediate spectra may be generated.
- EN 410 parameter values he, hi and lambda changed to the recommended values.
- EN 410 specific color rendering index available. The calculation also is opened to allow introducing individual test color data.
color calculation options opened so that individual illuminant and observer data can be introduced.
- A masking code can be introduced to a parameter definition so that the result line is not shown in the report.
- Multi figure result output can additionally include a line feed character.
- Additional Data Handling templates: Shift abscissa, Double GridLine, Ordinate Average, Polarizer Alignment.
OptLab-SPX 4.5 November 2013
The software has been adapted in several internal and operational aspects to the Scan application of Lambda-SPX.
- New Advanced Options window. It allows defining a start delay and repetitive scanning.
- The Advanced Options window also has additional functions to extend the Sample information window with up to 6 additional
method-specific and user-defined categories for sample information. The entered information is stored with the data / result and reports. It is shown in the report and in the Spectrum information window. Positions of this
information can be configured. Dedicated variables allow placing the information to a report template with Reporter-SPX.
- The Spectrum information window allows adding peak labels to the graph. The result area shows
the respective peak table.
- The File menu has an additional function to load recently used spectra.
- A horizontal cursor is available.
- An additional configuration setting allows opening the File menu and the graph
functions during a scan. Thus it is possible to load an additional spectrum during a scan.
- Printout can be alternatively defined in Landscape format.
- Font size of standard report sections (header, results, etc.) can
be defined. Thus a line break can be avoided at times.
- The software maintains a list of up to 25 recent operators. With the Operator entry box, a drop-down list allows selecting one of them.
- The PDF storage of the
Print Preview window can be configured so that it opens a File save .. window for selecting a path and entering a filename.
- During baseline correction, the live display shows the actual baseline values with TB as an
- The MethodLink function is extended to allow the definition of multiple samples.
- Default attenuator spectra are installed (Lambda 950 series) to the Data directory. The user is warned, if instrument
specific files are not yet established instead.
- The File / Load method function is able to load report templates for execution.
- Color difference calculations can be done against XYZ data of a reference sample.
The XYZ calculation can optionally be extended to output the X0, Y0 and Z0 data for the selected illuminant/observer.
- Additional templates (CDs tools directory) for transforming the spectrum abscissa (nm -> cm-1, eV,
THz) and the spectrum ordinate (A ->dB, mA, o.d.).
- A Show Baseline Data Handling template is available (CDs tools directory) to load the active baseline data to the graph (Lambda 950 series instruments).
OptLab-SPX 4.4 April 2013
– Syntax for parameter definition extended: A parameter can be defined to require a specific
ordinate mode. Definitions have been added to the parameter definition file where applicable.
– EN 410 evaluation extended: Degree of absorption and summary of results added for single glazing.
– Template with color difference graph added.
– Ordinate min/max entry 0/0 can be used to have an autorange graph during measurement.
– Improved editing function for sample data entries
– Detection of list separator character in sample list file improved
– Default configuration file setting of AutoIncrement option set to "0".
– Script "Color Difference Graph" added.
– "URAStepper" and "MethodLink" functions for Lambda 950 series adapted.
– Result values of sun protection factors limited to values <99
OptLab-SPX 4.3 November 2012
– Adaptations for Thermo Scientific computer control Evolution 2xx spectrophotometers
– Live display for Evolution 2xx spectrophotometers improved
– Script for cell changer alignment for Evolution 2xx spectrophotometers added
– Software program data directory has been moved to Users space
– Problems with Lambda 25/35 removed, when communication terminator defined as LF instead of CR/LF
– Script Copy graph to clipboard added.
– Text reports (Show method) can have dedicated template
– Bug fix with FQSE Neutrality calculation
OptLab-SPX 4.2 August 2012
– Internal provisions for an OptLab-SPX SE (Security Edition) version
OptLab-SPX 4.1 May 2012
– Control of URA accessory for PerkinElmer spectrometers of the Lambda 950 series
– Extension of csv-spectrum import (according to format of Agilent csv-spectra)
– Extension of mathematical formula options
– RLS-Export functions added
– Alternative report template with optional company logo added
– Determination of Gardner color value extended to values with integral part 18.
OptLab-SPX 4.0 December 2011
– User interface redesigned
– Control of Thermo Scientific SPECTRONIC
200 Vis spectrophotometer and Evolution 2xx UV/Vis spectrophotometer
– Drivers for Windows 7 64-bit
– Setup routine uses name selected for program group as icon name
– Show Method command added
– Graph expansion modified so that box expansion is available without Shift key.
OptLab-SPX 3.3 August 2011
– Calculation of dominant/complimentary wavelength and excitation/colorimetric purity added
– Methods for Lambda 950 series servicing added
– Import routine for importing binary UVWinLab spectra (vers. 2.0-3.0) added.
OptLab-SPX 3.2x November 2010 - May 2011
– Calculations EN 410 updated to 2011 version,
– Calculations ANSI Z87.1 slightly updated to 2010 version,
– COLIPA 2009 sunscreen evaluation and template,
– In the installation procedure, co-installation to the VISIONlite or Lambda-SPX software is offered, if the software is found in its default directory.e
– Data handling and utility functions available for installation in /tools directory of CD
– Sample classification according to result value(s) added as calculation option
– Lambda 950 series program mode
– Additional configuration options for Lambda 950 series
– Export Results function added to File menu,
– In the installation procedure, co-installation to other
ascanis software is offered, if the software is found in its default directory.
– Installation routine generates an entry in other ascanis software, if co-installed
– Change Application function added to File menu if co-installed with VISIONlite or Lambda-SPX
– Calculation definitions refer to the thickness corrected spectrum by default (previously: uncorrected spectrum)
– ResultTable variables output multiple results
– ResultTable variables can reference to results with a text definition
– The Measure menu can be extended by specific templates
– Additional graph display option: Permanent
– Maximal number of spectra in diagram can be configured up to 50.
OptLab-SPX 3.1 March 2010
- Control of new USB connected Thermo Scientific spectrophotometers
- Extended report options, e. g. Print Preview with PDF output
- Spectrum information window with: "apply to all" option for all functions
- Gardner scale extended with reference points -1 and 0 ( = white point)
- Additional parameters for wine color
- Delta CMC (1:1;2:1) color difference implemented.
OptLab-SPX 3.0 August 2009
– Modified directory structure according to Windows Vista conventions
– Control of PerkinElmer Lambda 1050 (InGaAs detector) and Lambda 950
and compatibles with InGaAs detector sphere
– Extended configuration options
– Output of CIE L*C*h* color values (optionally also S=C/L) within a single line
OptLab-SPX 2.6(15) April 2009
- Additional calculation parameters UV- and radiation transmittance following ISO 13837 as well as ASTM E424, ASTM G159 and ASTM G173
OptLab-SPX 2.6(13) October 2008
– Additional glazing parameters acc. to ISO 9050 and EN 410 for single and double glazing
– Thickness correction modified according to EN 410 (uncoated materials)
OptLab-SPX 2.6 April 2008
– Control of Lambda 900 double polarizer/depolarizer
– Additional ordinate modes D1-D4 and E1/E2 for PerkinElmer instruments
– White/yellow index and tint according to ASTM E313
– Calculations of ISO 9050 for single glazing added.
– Existing calculation parameters named with current versions of norms.
– Parameter definition file “optlab-spx.dta” modified: separator “,” replaced by “Tab”
– Calculations with results available, for example to calculate the difference of results
of 2 spectra, average or variation coefficient of results of different spectra (ResultTable Parameter)
– Average of calculation results for 2, 5 and 10 samples added.
– Spectrum name and spectrum description can be included in report comment lines.
– Spectrum export functions extended (dx and csv)
– With Reporter-SPX spectrum calculation function can be realized via scripts.
– Transformation of %R spectra to lg1/R
– All spectra present in the graph can be copied to clipboard with one command.
– Read Cursor function transfers actual cursor position and ordinate to report.
– Erroneous storage of UVWinLab 5.2 spectra in %R mode considered.
– List separator is taken from user specific settings.
– With a sample list, incremented filenames are set to the next “free” figure.
– Reflection correction for aluminum mirror and (typical) and BK 7 glass added.
– Problem with thickness correction of negative transmittance values corrected.
OptLab-SPX 2.5 June 2006
– Control of Thermo Scientific Evolution 600
– Control of PerkinElmer Lambda 900 series spectrometers (Lambda 650, Lambda 750,
Lambda 800, Lambda 850, Lambda 900, Lambda 950)
– Sample information can optionally be entered via a sample list. The sample list can be stored for repeated use. The sample list information can be imported via a file
or via clipboard.
- The reflection correction files are selected in the Advanced Parameters window and they are stored with the method.
- Slit setting and lamp change point are selectable method parameters.
- The Haze figure of a sample can be determined.
- Degree of Transmittance according to EN 410 and calculations according to EN 172 added.
- Calculation parameters can have sample description, e.g. as a note to the user.
OptLab-SPX 2.4 January 2005
– Evaluation of Iodine Color Values (as DIN 6162) without reference solutions, according to stored reference data,
– Import of JCAMP spectra, UVWinLab 5.0 (or higher) ASCII spectra, Excel csv files and ASCII tables..
OptLab-SPX 2.31 September 2004
– Control of Thermo Scientific Evolution 300,
– A text can be added to the program start, which is shown in the OptLab-SPX
window header. E.g. this allows to differentiate different installations.
OptLab-SPX 2.3 June 2004
– PerkinElmer Lambda UV/Vis-spectrometer may be equipped with a sipper,
– Improved transfer of OptLab-SPX results to co-installed Reporter-SPX,
– Calculation functions extended to rounding, storage functions and slope calculation including statistical figures,
– Improved calibration of Pt-Co/APHA/Hazen evaluation,
– Number of accessible com-ports increased to 32.
OptLab-SPX 2.2 February 2004
– Control of PerkinElmer Lambda 2/2S, 11/12/14, 10/20/40 and 25/35/45 without UVWinLab,
– Gardner color measurement and evaluation without reference samples,
– Color difference according to DIN 6174 of sample compared to a reference spectrum or reference Lab*-data.
OptLab-SPX 2.1 August 2003
– Comprehensive calculation and decision functions with spectrum data, fixed values or user entries, also with multiple spectra.
OptLab-SPX 2.0 May 2003
– Integration of all OptLab functions to a stand-alone package for Thermo Scientific UV/Vis or Vis-spectrometers of GENESYS, Helios and UV-x series
as well as AquaMate/BioMate. Uses independent graphics, methods and print functions.
– Implementation of %R measurement mode with white and dark correction for reflection measurements.
– Reporter-SPX can be co-installed to generate flexible and powerful reports.
OptLab-UW 1.81 March 2002
– Renaming to OptLab-UW to characterize UVWinLab base.
– Calculation of APHA/Hazen color values for 1, 5 and 10 cm path lengths with archived reference data.
OptLab 1.8 October 2001
– Comparison of a sample spectrum to a UVWinLab maximum and minimum spectrum.
– The report includes sample and reference spectra.
– Method-specific template possible through identical names.
OptLab 1.7 March 2001
– Transformation of sample thickness.
– Maximal number of parameter calculations extended to 250.
– Output of all color values (e.g. x,y,z or L,a,b) in a single line.
– Whiteness Index.
OptLab 1.6 October 2000
– Installation in ‘PerkinElmer Applications’ for UVWinLab 2.8x.
– Additional color values C and h.
– Color inspection according to DAB/EP (Anton) for pharmaceutical testing.
– Comparison of a sample spectrum to a table of maximum and minimum data.
OptLab 1.5 November 1999
– Parameter variations added.
OptLab 1.4 July 1999
– Ordinate scaling for graphics.
– Sun protection factor.
OptLab 1.0 January 1999